At Tempco, it is our policy to respect our customers’ privacy and Tempco has prepared this Policy to inform our customers of our policies and practices concerning the collection, use, retention and disclosure of personal information.
This Policy governs personal information collected from and about:
- Individuals who are or may become customers of Tempco, suppliers, distributors and/or trades; and
- Individuals or organizations with whom Tempco works.
Using contractual or other arrangements, Tempo shall ensure that agents, contractors or third party service providers and employees, who may receive personal information in the course of providing services to Tempco are kept confidential. As a part of the provision of the business of the warehousing; light manufacturing; and sales of heating and sheet metal products, components and related activities, we will protect that personal information in a manner consistent with the principles articulated in this policy and governing legislations.
This Policy does not cover aggregated data from which the identity of an individual cannot be determined. Tempco retains the right to use aggregated data in any way that it determines appropriate.
Personal Information To Be Collected
Personal information is defined as data that can be utilized to identify an individual. That information will include but is not restricted to, your name, address, health card number, date of birth, social insurance number, and any financial data including credit card numbers that you supply. The information required will be specific to and used only for the identified purposes provided as part of this policy. Note that we may also collect non-identifying information, which alone cannot identify our customers, including data from cookies, pixel tags, web beacons and device data.
Collecting and Using Personal Information
- Tempco will collect personal information only as required for the provision of the business of the warehousing, light manufacturing, and sales of HVAC, sheet metal products and components, and related activities carried out by the company.
- Collected information will include relevant information and without restrictions.
- Information may be obtained from or provided to government departments or agencies as required by law or regulations.
- Tempco will obtain written consent before collecting your personal information from a third party such as a bank or credit card company, and will protect the personal information that is gathered and used by as it is indicated.
- Tempco only collects, uses and discloses personal information for the following purposes:
- Determining and facilitating your payment of rental, warehousing, light manufacturing, and sales of HVAC and sheet metal products, components, and other charges as well as for services performed relating to such business.
- Verifying your identity and the accuracy of the personal information with any governmental department or agency.
- Establishing and maintaining communications with the customer.
- Complying with the law
- Notifying you of certain services, sales or other location benefits for customers from the HVAC, Hydronic and sheet metal business carried on by Tempco.
Sharing Personal Information
- Tempco will treat all information with great respect and will not sell personal information to third parties without the customer’s informed and written consent.
- Tempco may share the personal information with Tempco owners, employees and appointed accounting, legal, and tax advisors as a matter of regular business practice but only with strict confidentiality agreements in place.
- Personal information may be shared with government departments and agencies.
- Tempco may provide information where it is required to do so by the federal or provincial government, health regulations, and by other governing law.
- In any other circumstances, we will share your information only when we have your written consent and will do so only with the intent of protecting your financial information, or to enhance the services for the warehousing, light manufacturing, and sales of HVAC, hydronic, and sheet metal products and components.
Collecting Non-Personally Identifiable Information
Tempco may collect non-personally identifiable information from the company’s website. This information is not tracked on an individual basis, but rather Tempco might collect this information on an aggregate or anonymous basis that includes all site visitors. This information includes tracking the site pages that are visited or the amount of time spent on Tempo’s website and information about the browser/system being used for technical and troubleshooting purposes. Our primary goal in collecting aggregate information is to be able to perform site metrics that allows the improvement of the functionality for the website. Tempco may collect aggregate information in order to compile aggregate and statistical data to help in website design and to identify popular features and measure website activity in order to allow updates on the website to better meet user wants and needs. This may including tracking page visits, perform site click through analysis, review peak usage times and analyze layout and design. The site metrics that are not personal information might be shared with Tempco’s service providers and others.
The websites may also use session log data and non-personal data for the purpose of performing analytics on the user’s experience while visiting the site. This analysis:
- Is performed on an aggregate level and does not identify you or your information personally
- May involve the use of a third party vendor acting on our behalf
- Is performed in order to improve our website and the user experience
- Includes the use of session and/or persistent cookies to track user movement across this website or to track other events within or across this website
Tempco’s websites may use session and/or persistent “cookies”, session logs, spot light ads/web beacons/GIF/pixel tags/banner ads or links to collect aggregate or other non-personally identifiable information about site visitors. Also, the use of third party advertising networks that serve ads may collect aggregate or other non-personally identifiable information about site visitors. A “cookie” is a small text file that helps Tempco to make the visit to the website more enjoyable. There are a couple of different types of cookies. A session cookie is stored only on your computer’s working memory (RAM) and only lasts for your browsing session. When you close all your browser’s windows or shut down your computer, the session cookie disappears forever. A persistent cookie is stored on the visitor’s computer hard drive until a specified date that could be tomorrow, next week, or ten years from now. Persistent cookies stay on the computer until either they expire, they are overwritten with newer cookies, or when they are manually removed. Most browsers can be configured not to accept cookies; however, this may prevent access to some site functions or features.
Visitors to the site may manage how their browser handles cookies by adjusting its privacy and security settings. Please refer to the instructions related to the specific browser to learn about cookie-related and other privacy and security settings that may be available.
Consent for the use of Personal Information
The consent to Tempco’s use of personal information gathered to provide the services to Tempco’s visitors and customers. The following actions by our visitors and customers is considered as an indication of the user’s consent to the existing and future personal information practices:
- Voluntary provision of personal information directly to Tempco or through a bank or other financial institution for the provision of the business of heating and sheet metal products and components and other related services and programs
- Express consent or acknowledgment contained within a written, verbal or electronic application process
- Consent solicited by Tempco for a specified purpose
- The consent given through authorized representatives such as a legal guardian, parent, or holder of a power of attorney
Subject to certain legal or contractual restrictions and reasonable notice, this consent can be withdrawn at any time. Tempco will outline the significance of withdrawing the consent that can result in the inability to obtain the services and/or products supplied by Tempco as part of its business or as required by law.
To withdraw the consent please email Tempco at email@example.com.
Tempco maintains all personal records in locked filing cabinets that are only accessible to staff on a need to know basis.
Protecting Personal Information – Retention and Security
Tempco will protect all personal information with reasonable safeguards and security measures, and utilize computer systems that restrict access to personal information. The physical premises have security safeguards that assist in the prevention of unauthorized access to any of Tempco’s sites. Tempco restricts access to personal information to those employees and contractors that the management of Tempco has determined need to know that information in order that Tempco may provide services and/or products to its customers, trades and suppliers. Information will be retained only for the prescribed timeframe mentioned above or by other governing law. We have established procedural requirements and trained our staff to be respectful and to comply with this Policy.
Reviewing Your Personal Information – Accuracy and Updating
Tempco will use reasonable efforts to ensure that any personal information provided by clients and in its possession is as accurate, current and complete as necessary for the purposes for which Tempco uses that data. Information contained in files that have been closed is not actively updated or maintained.
Tempco may upon request grant access to review, update and amend any personal information that was legally provided. To guard against fraudulent requests for access, Tempco will require sufficient information to allow it to confirm the identity of the person making the request before granting access or making corrections. There might be a reasonable fee for providing access to the personal information. In the event a fee is associated, with the search then it will be communicated and payment is required prior to the commencement of the search. All updates can be provided by mail at 180 Belfield Road, Etobicoke, Ontario, M9W 1H1, email at firstname.lastname@example.org, fax (416) 766-9425.
Please note that as a security measure, Tempco stores “back up” data on our systems where by such prior information may not be completely removed from our databases. As a result, all reasonable attempts will be made to remove all personal information from our backed-up data.
Respecting and Responding To Your Privacy Concerns
Tempco requires personal and in some cases your financial information in order to ensure the provision of Tempco’s services to a customer, trade and/or supplier. If you have any questions regarding this privacy statement, please contact us directly at (416) 249-HVAC (4822).
Privacy Practices of Third Parties
Amendment of Practices and this Policy
Tempco will be annually reviewing this policy and should there be any revisions, it will be updated on the company’s website. The intention of the review is not to reduce customer’s rights without explicit consent. Prior versions of this policy will be kept on file.
Last Revised: June 23, 2022